106 Bismark Court Ocoee, FL 34761 n (321) 276 – 5367 n firstname.lastname@example.org
To Whom This May Concern,
Since I was young music has been apart of my life. I have always had an aspiration of working in music as well as sound. I have always been amazed by the many ways sound can affect a person’s life. This is more than a career choice; it is a passion and a love that has no bounds.
When I was a young teenager, I was in a band called Scarlet Letter. Our talent achieved a recording contract with a local recording company named WP Records. The band only lasted a couple of years but, the taste of the music business made me realize how much I really enjoyed working with music and sound design.
Since being at Full Sail University, I have learned a lot about various workflows, recording consoles, gear, and programs that are an industry standard within the entertainment industry. I have the knowledge and experience in Pro Tools 101, 110, 210P, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, and Final Cut Pro as well. I use Pro Tools and Logic Pro to create my own music. I have taught myself some of “the ins and outs” of the software. The Recording Consoles that I have experience on are the Amek 9098i, SSL AWS900, SSL 9000J, Control 24, and The Duality.
I enjoy all of the classes that I am taking at Full Sail University. The Pro Audio class has struck the most interest in me. In this class, we learned how to put sound to picture in various forms, such as film, TV commercials, TV shows, etc. For our final project, we had the choice of making a two-minute clip from a few blockbuster motion pictures. We had to design and track all aspects of sound in the clip. Words can’t describe how much I enjoyed the project assigned and the class as a whole. The information that I obtained from the Pro Audio class has left me wanting to know more.
Sound in general fascinates me whether it will be in post audio or general music. With the education and experience that I have obtained at Full Sail University, I hope to have the opportunity to gain experience and show you the work of my life’s passion.
University of Central Florida Athletics; Orlando, FL
Live Audio Engineer 2011 (Spring Football)
· Routed signal from the field to mixer then to the control room
· Prepared microphones for coaches and game day officials
· Captured on-field sound with the Big Ears.
Hollister CO. at Pointe Orlando; Orlando, FL
Model/Impact 2008 - 2009
· Customer Service
· Store Finances
· Store Maintenance
Advanced Post Audio Project - Captain America Trailer
· Composed trailer music
· Added effects with sound design and from sound libraries
· Recorded, edited, and placed dialogue
· Recorded, edited, and placed foley
Advanced Session Recording Project
· Record drums, guitars, bass, and vocals using the Amek 9098i & the SSL Duality
· Mixed the song in Pro Tools 9 using various compressors, gates, EQ’s
· Proficient with Mac & PC’s using: Protools HD/LE, Logic Pro, Final Cut, DVD Studio Pro, Microsoft Office
· Basic knowledge of multiple recording & mixing consoles - D control, Amek 9098i, SSL WS900, SSL 9000J, Control 24, SSL Matrix Hybrid, and The Duality
· Routing, Patch bays, Signal Flow Knowledge
· Knowledgeable in various plug-ins and outboard gear: Equalization, reverbs, compression, gates, synthesizers, melodyne, etc
· Playing guitar for 10 years
· Have played in churches and local bars in the Orlando area
· Composed scores for school post audio and musical projects
· Composing and writing my own original music
· Bishop Moore Catholic High School, Orlando, FL 2005 – 2009
· Valencia Community College, Orlando, FL 2009 - 2010
· Full Sail University, Winter Park, FL
Bachelor Of Science Degree in Recording Arts, 2010 – 2012
Video Editor / Producer
NFL Saint Louis Rams
Full Sail University Alumni 2007
Cell: (707) 718 – 8474 / Work: (314) 516 – 8830